Poly Pack Symposium 2013
Sustainable Packaging: Industry Experts’ Perspectives
Thursday, May 2, 2013 in University Union room 207
Download the Speaker Presentations!
A one-day interactive event, this symposium celebrates the optimized package through some of the diverse and leading industry experts’ perspectives. Opportunities to create significance across the sustainable packaging chain, ranging from material suppliers to brand owners to a distribution packaging certifier, will be discussed. Attendees will be able to identify actionable best practices and gain an understanding of tools and strategies for achieving more sustainable supply chains. The symposium also provides an opportunity for the attendees to participate in meaningful discussion and debate on how new trends and challenges in sustainable packaging will affect their own organizations.
Early Bird (before 4/20) – $150
Standard – $175
Sponsorship – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend
- Marketing Managers and Executives
- Package Development Engineers, Managers and Directors
- Packaging Consultants
- Packaging Materials, Machinery, Service and Solution Providers
- Project Managers
- R&D Managers from CPG and Converter Companies
- Sustainable Packaging Managers and Directors
Click to download: Schedule, Speaker bios, Campus Map.
Reception Location: Creeky Tiki (782 Higuera St, San Luis Obispo, CA)
Cal Poly Annual Egg Drop
Contestants will design and build a package to prevent an uncooked egg from breaking when dropped from a height of 30 feet
GENERAL DESIGN AND CONTEST RULES:
- The event will take place during Poly Pack Symposium, May 2nd, in front of building 21, Engineering west, at 3:15pm.
- Eggs will be provided at the contest. Contestants cannot bring their own eggs.
- Contestants may create their own design through the open entry or use a premade kit provided by Poly Pack.
- The structure must land in a designated target area.
- No gases (e.g. helium) other than air can be present in the structure when it is weighed.
- The package entries will not be returned, upon entry they become the property of the CPSU Packaging Department. For sanitary reasons, event organizers will dispose of all packages and eggs after the contest.
OPEN ENTRY RULES:
- The container must be less than 2,700 cm3 in volume and no dimension longer than 30 cm.
- No propulsion systems will be allowed.
- No high viscosity fluids are allowed.
- No sharp objects or hazardous materials are permitted.
- No liquids or anything that will splatter.
- Volume will be calculated based on the rectangular cube (length x width x depth) of the container’s exterior surface.
PREMADE KIT RULES:
Premade kits provided by Poly Pack will provide the contestant with a specific combination of materials. Those who are interested in using a premade kit from Poly Pack a fee of $10 will be required , this will cover the shipping costs.
Sarah Marchetti: email@example.com